14 SES 12, Children as Members of a Community: Citizenship, Participation and Educational Development - Part I: The Community Inside the School and the Participation of Children
This presentation is based on a pedagogical action research initiative in which the goal was to develop participatory pedagogy and participative research methods in studying lived pedagogy of the classroom. In this presentation I will focus on a question: How pupils’ voice can be heard in a process of developing pedagogy of the classroom? The presentation is based on a data that was gathered between January 2012 and May 2012. A total of one teacher-researcher and 25 pupils (3rd graders) participated in the research. The data included 239 pictures and 12 group interviews and it was analyzed by using narrative analysis. In the presentation I will bring out how data can be gathered as part of normal school day. I will also discuss about the possibilities this method gives to teachers and / or to the pedagogical research. In the presentation I will also point out that involving pupils more closely in educational decision-making, and listening seriously to their stories of experiences are essential first steps in developing pedagogy and teaching methods.
Search the ECER Programme
- Search for keywords and phrases in "Text Search"
- Restrict in which part of the abstracts to search in "Where to search"
- Search for authors and in the respective field.
- For planning your conference attendance you may want to use the conference app, which will be issued some weeks before the conference
- If you are a session chair, best look up your chairing duties in the conference system (Conftool) or the app.