01 SES 13 B, Education and Work – Revisiting the Educational Tensions in the Context of the ‘End of Work’
A wide range of educational and pedagogical working areas outside the school system in Germany are not dominated by professions and clear qualification requirements and have heterogeneous access paths. Higher education for non-school educational/pedagogical fields provides a wide range of educational programs with different emphases. The diversity of possible qualification profiles has further increased by the introduction of the Bachelor/Master structure. It seems that transition from university to the world of work has become considerably more diversified and individualized for these graduates. Recent findings on the transition of this group, who studied in the new structure, are scarce. An exploratory study at the University of Bremen takes up on this research gap and investigates in which industries graduates pursue which field of activities and what challenges are they facing in their phase of transition in to the professional world. On the basis of these findings existing measures aiming to support the transition in to professional life are evaluated and further recommendations are derived for their improvement. A question worthy of discussing is, how besides the idea of focusing on the needs of the labor market, can graduates be actually prepared and supported to find their path in to a fulfilling career.
Search the ECER Programme
- Search for keywords and phrases in "Text Search"
- Restrict in which part of the abstracts to search in "Where to search"
- Search for authors and in the respective field.
- For planning your conference attendance you may want to use the conference app, which will be issued some weeks before the conference
- If you are a session chair, best look up your chairing duties in the conference system (Conftool) or the app.