03 SES 12, Teacher Collaboration for Learning and Innovation
Research shows a gap between the way in which ICT is addressed in teacher education and what is expected from future teachers (Tondeur e.a., 2012). Several studies suggest that the involvement of teachers/teacher educators in collaborative design constitutes an effective strategy to develop competencies necessary to integrate digital resources into teaching. With this study, we examine the conditions under which teacher design teams (TDTs) can be implemented to support teacher professional development regarding ICT integration. We use a multiple case study with four TDTs of teacher educators (in different institutions in Flanders) as research units. Each TDT is supported by a coach from within the institution. An identification of implementation conditions is pursued through focus group discussions and interviews with the members and coaches of these TDTs. These results will be used as input for a Delphi study aimed at the development of a general framework of the conditions -at the team and institutional level- influencing the implementation of TDT as a professional development strategy. Keywords: teacher design teams, ICT-integration, conditions Tondeur, J., Pareja Roblin N., van Braak, J., Fisser, P., & Voogt, J. (2013). Technological Pedagogical Content Knowledge in teacher education: In search of a new curriculum. Educational Studies, 39 (2), 239-243. DOI: 10.1080/03055698.2012.713548
- Search for keywords and phrases in "Text Search"
- Restrict in which part of the abstracts to search in "Where to search"
- Search for authors and in the respective field.
- For planning your conference attendance you may want to use the conference app, which will be issued some weeks before the conference
- If you are a session chair, best look up your chairing duties in the conference system (Conftool) or the app.