22 SES 12 A, Motivation is Important for Excellence in Higher Education, Isn’t It?!
In 2003/2004 the “Elite network of Bavaria”, a cooperative project of the Bavarian government and Bavarian public universities, was implemented to form elite courses of study. This program is intended for exceptionally talented and self-motivated students to have an ideal academic setting and a good preparation for entering top-level research or leading positions. Each university partaking in the elite network offers 25 to 35 students an option of studying every year. Due to this small number and the fact that the German educational system supports social inequality (Vester, 2006), there are some interesting questions to ask: Who are the participants of these elitist courses of study and why did they choose it? Are these students more motivated or/and talented than other students? The presentation should give an insight into the origins and what does this mean to the educational path of Bavarian elitist students. Furthermore, it will focus on the special significance motivation plays in the process of reaching their desired educational level and choosing these programs.
Search the ECER Programme
- Search for keywords and phrases in "Text Search"
- Restrict in which part of the abstracts to search in "Where to search"
- Search for authors and in the respective field.
- For planning your conference attendance you may want to use the conference app, which will be issued some weeks before the conference
- If you are a session chair, best look up your chairing duties in the conference system (Conftool) or the app.