23 SES 11 B, Youth on the Move – Transitions in Times of Uncertainty (Part 1)
Symposium: to be continued in 23 SES 12 B, 23 SES 13 B
In my paper I discuss my PhD-research on entrepreneur education. I consider entrepreneur education as a part of “transition machinery”, seeking to produce, due various discursive techniques, entrepreneurial individuals who are able to take care of themselves in these times of uncertainty. This discourse proposes that entrepreneurial attitudes and skills raise awareness of career opportunities as well as prevent youth unemployment and social marginalization. Self- and life management, networking, activity, risk-taking and innovativeness are the essential goals and premises of entrepreneurial pedagogy. In this presentation I will look closer some techniques and pedagogical arrangements though which the entrepreneurial subjectivity is supposed to be produced. I will concentrate on moments, when the one, who is educated to become entrepreneurial, seems to refuse to accept the offered position and perform the right answers. What kind of agency is possible in the practices of entrepreneur education; is it possible to bring other discourses in to disrupt the Free and Unique Individual? The concepts of discursive formation and agency offer some latitude to think about the responsibilitation and individualization of societal and structural differences and inequalities, that are produced (also) in the practices of entrepreneur education.
Search the ECER Programme
- Search for keywords and phrases in "Text Search"
- Restrict in which part of the abstracts to search in "Where to search"
- Search for authors and in the respective field.
- For planning your conference attendance you may want to use the conference app, which will be issued some weeks before the conference
- If you are a session chair, best look up your chairing duties in the conference system (Conftool) or the app.