23 SES 11 C JS, Societal Sustainability: The Contribution of Adult Education to Sustainable Societies
Symposium Joint Session NW 23 with NW 28
This paper looks at the challenges, structures and practices of adult education policy at the local level, taking the Danish region of North Denmark as a case. We discuss the societal challenges in the region, including the change from industrial to service-based economy and increasing the socio-geographical inequalities as well as the strategies of education institutions, regional authorities and other actors in providing adult education and balancing the missions of competitiveness and equal opportunities.
Asheim, B. (2014), North Denmark Region RIS3. An expert assessment of behalf of DG Regional and Urban Policy. Brulin, G. & Svnsson, L. (2012) Managing Sustainable Development Programmes. A Learning Approach to Change. Farnham: Gower. Jensen, C.H. & Staugaard, H.J. (2012) Flexvid: Flexible arbejdsformer I videregaaende uddannelser. Aalborg: UCN. Lundvall, B. (2002) Innovation, Growth and Social Cohesion. The Danish Model. Cheltenham: Edward Elgar. Munk, M.D. et al. (2014) Uddannelsesvalg i Region Nordjylland – En registerbaseret analyse. Aalborg: Aalborg Universitet. Nussbaum, N.S. (2011) Creating Capabilities - The Human Development Approach. Cambridge, Massachusetts: Belknap Press. Rasmussen, P. Education, Learning and Development in the Periphery. In Eikset, A.G., Dons, C.F. & Garm, N. (eds.) Utdanning mellom styring og danning: Et nordisk panorama. Trondheim: Tapir Akademisk Forlag 2012.
- Search for keywords and phrases in "Text Search"
- Restrict in which part of the abstracts to search in "Where to search"
- Search for authors and in the respective field.
- For planning your conference attendance you may want to use the conference app, which will be issued some weeks before the conference
- If you are a session chair, best look up your chairing duties in the conference system (Conftool) or the app.