19 SES 04, Ethnography Accounting Identity Construction in Education
The aim of this paper is to explore the racial resources of minority ‘white’ girls in a ‘super-diverse’ senior vocational educational context in the Netherlands. Within super-diverse contexts, the old majority group of native ‘white’ people becomes one of the many majorities, which we can study as such (Crul et al. 2013). In this paper, I scrutinize the concept of white privilege by unpacking racial encounters in super-diverse classrooms in the Randstad, the Netherlands. By doing so, I try to make ‘white’ as a race and ethnicity more visible.
Crul, M, Schneider, J. and Lelie, F. (2013) Super-diversity. VU University Press. Stam, Talitha (2016): Reasons and resources: understanding pupils’ aspirations in lower vocational Dutch education, Ethnography and Education.
- Search for keywords and phrases in "Text Search"
- Restrict in which part of the abstracts to search in "Where to search"
- Search for authors and in the respective field.
- For planning your conference attendance you may want to use the conference app, which will be issued some weeks before the conference
- If you are a session chair, best look up your chairing duties in the conference system (Conftool) or the app.