Network: 05. Children and Youth at Risk and Urban Education
Monday, 2021-09-06, 11:00-12:30, Room: n/a, Chair: Regina Gairal Casadó
- Promoting Successful Educational Careers to Institutionalized Children
- Pupils with Social Disadvantage During Distance Education in Czech Republic
- Is School a Safe Haven or a Nightmare for Children Affected by Parental Substance Use?
Regina Gairal Casadó Maite Novo Molinero Sandra Girbés Peco Laura Ruiz-Eugenio Itxaso Tellado
Peter Marinič Helena Zelničková David Vorel
Monday, 2021-09-06, 14:00-15:30, Room: n/a, Chair: Jennifer Vinas-Forcade
- Teacher's Perceptions of the Effects of Segregated Language Learning for Minority-Language Students in Austrian Schools
- Grade Repetition: Does the School’s Socioeconomic Composition Matter?
- A Multifaced Portrait of Students' Connectedness to Urban Schools
Marie Gitschthaler Katharina Resch Susanne Schwab
Jennifer Vinas-Forcade Mieke Van Houtte Cindy Mels Martin Valcke Ilse Derluyn
Jetske Strijbos Nadine Engels
Monday, 2021-09-06, 16:00-17:30, Room: n/a, Chair: Michael Jopling
- School Absenteeism and Academic Achievement: Is Missing-out on School More Detrimental to Students from Lower Socioeconomic Backgrounds?
- The Invisible: On Problematic School Absenteeism and Institutional Responses in a Local Context
Markus Klein Edward Sosu Shadrach Dare
Martin Harling Ola Strandler
Tuesday, 2021-09-07, 09:00-10:30, Room: n/a, Chair: Leysan Kayumova
- Cyberbullying and Destructive Groups on Social Media: Principles of Psychological and Pedagogical Support for the Victims
- Bullying at School and Its Association with Student and School Characteristics
- The Level of Conflict in the Classroom: The Role of Psychosocial Student Composition and Teachers’ Emotional Support.
Leysan Kayumova Maria Aleksandrovich Venera Zakirova
Antra Ozola Andrejs Geske Andris Grinfelds
Josef Hofman Lars Dietrich David Zimmermann
Wednesday, 2021-09-08, 09:00-10:30, Room: n/a, Chair: Sofia Marques da Silva
- Promoting Strength-Based Approach and Positive Youth Development Across Europe as a Way of Preventing Anxiety: Insights from Three Countries
- A Youth Perspective on a New Second Chance Education in Denmark
- Positive Youth Development in Slovenia: Differences Across Schools and Gender
Ana Kozina Diego Gomez-Baya Margarida Gaspar de Matos Gina Tome Nora Wiium Tina Pivec
Ulla Højmark Jensen Stine Helms
Tina Pivec Ana Kozina
Wednesday, 2021-09-08, 11:00-12:30, Room: n/a, Chair: Erna Nairz-Wirth
- Diversity of school dropouts. A typological approach
- Conditions for School-based policies on Early School Leaving, a Case Study approach
- Exploring the Determinants of School Failure through a Synthesis of Meta-analyses
Kristjana Stella Blöndal
Noel Clycq Lore Van Praag Rut Van Caudenberg Ward Nouwen
Belén Gutiérrez-de-Rozas Esther López-Martín Elvira Carpintero Molina
Wednesday, 2021-09-08, 12:30-13:30, Room: n/a, Chair: Michael Jopling
- NW 05 Meeting
05 SES 11 A, Examining “Vulnerability” and “Fragility” in Children and Young People and their Experiences of Education
Wednesday, 2021-09-08, 14:00-15:30, Room: n/a, Chair: Michael Jopling
- Examining “Vulnerability” and “Fragility” in Children and Young People and their Experiences of Education
- “Low” Aspirations, Vulnerable Young People and the Discourse of Defeat
- Supporting Students with Educational Fragilities: A Networked Approach
- The “Social Place” and the “Milieu” as Spaces for Vulnerability and Development
Michael Jopling Claudio Girelli Alessia Bevilacqua David Zimmermann Sofia Marques da Silva
Claudio Girelli Alessia Bevilacqua
Thursday, 2021-09-09, 09:00-10:30, Room: n/a, Chair: David Zimmermann
- Support of Young Refugees with Disabilities: Training for Educational Professionals and Accompanying Research
- Migrant Children’s Education in China’s Disadvantaged Area: Privately-run Migrant Schools in Guiyang City
- Between Choices and Drifting with the Tide. Career Guidance and Inequalities Among Vulnerable Roma Youth in Hungary
David Zimmermann Sophie Friedrich Claudia Becker Henriette Juche
Balint Ábel Bereményi
05 SES 14 A, Understanding the Risks to Early Leaving. Exploring the Risk and Support Factors in Europe
Thursday, 2021-09-09, 11:00-12:30, Room: n/a, Chair: Patricia Olmos Rueda
- Understanding the Risks to Early Leaving. Exploring the Risk and Support Factors in Europe
- An Analytic Framework to Explore the Risk and Support Factors of Early Leaving: a Comparative Analysis of Spain and England
- The Structural Factors As a Risk to Early Leaving in Portuguese Professional Courses: the Case of Leiria Region
- When Prevention is Not Enough: Managing Early School Leaving
- Concepts for Dealing with Youth at Risk of Early Leaving School or Training – German Experiences
Patricia Olmos Rueda Ceri Brown Sandrina Milhano Miruna Luana Miulescu Elena Marin Klaus Ruth Anna Díaz Vicario Joaquín Gairín Catarina Mangas Sara Lopes Carla Freire Mihaela Stîngu Romiță Iucu
Patricia Olmos Rueda Ceri Brown Joaquín Gairín Anna Diaz
Sandrina Milhano Catarina Mangas Sara Lopes Carla Freire
Miruna Luana Miulescu Elena Marin Mihaela Stîngu Romiță Iucu
Thursday, 2021-09-09, 14:00-15:30, Room: n/a, Chair: Femke Geijsel
- Preventing and Reducing Educational Risks During the COVID-19 Pandemic
- Learning Loss Due to School Closures During the COVID-19 Pandemic
- Exploring Teacher-Parent Relationships in Times of COVID-19: Teachers’ Expectations and Parental Home-Schooling Strategies in a Flemish Context
- How Do Schools Shape School-Family Partnerships During COVID-19 to Reduce Educational Risks?
- COVID-19 and Summer Schools in Flanders: A Match?
Petrie van der Zanden Per Engzell Marloes Hagenaars Annemie Struyf Pieter Verachtert Femke Geijsel Peter Stevens Arun Frey Mark Verhagen Piet Van Avermaet Fanny D'hondt Bieke Schreurs Frank Cornelissen Kim Bellens Tim Surma Daniel Muijs
Per Engzell Arun Frey Mark D. Verhagen
Marloes Hagenaars Peter Stevens Piet Van Avermaet Fanny D'hondt
Annemie Struyf Petrie van der Zanden Bieke Schreurs Frank Cornelissen
Pieter Verachtert Kim Bellens Tim Surma Daniel Muijs
- Search for keywords and phrases in "Text Search"
- Restrict in which part of the abstracts to search in "Where to search"
- Search for authors and in the respective field.
- For planning your conference attendance you may want to use the conference app, which will be issued some weeks before the conference
- If you are a session chair, best look up your chairing duties in the conference system (Conftool) or the app.