Network: 28. Sociologies of Education
Monday, 2021-09-06, 09:00-10:30, Room: n/a, Chair: Paolo Landri
28 SES 02 A, Sociologies of Learning: Platform Infrastructures, New Professionalisms and Technical Standardization
Monday, 2021-09-06, 11:00-12:30, Room: n/a, Chair: Camilla Addey
- Enacting Educational Digital Platforms. The Google Suite for Education and the Re-making of Teaching in Ordinary Schools
- Pressed for Time? How Platform Infrastructures and Professional Demands condition Teachers’ Digital Work
- When Everything Starts To Look Alike: Dimensions of Technical Standardisation and Datafication in Digital Education Curricula
Emiliano Grimaldi Danilo Taglietti Paolo Landri
Annika Bergviken Rensfeldt Catarina Player-Koro Thomas Hillman Mona Lundin
Lanze Vanermen Joris Vlieghe Mathias Decuypere
Monday, 2021-09-06, 14:00-15:30, Room: n/a, Chair: Sofia Viseu
- The Guidance of Reflection in Self-Directed Learning
- Diversifying Inclusion and Growth: Inspiring Technologies for Accessible Learning (DIGITAL) in times of Covid-19.
- Problematizing How University Students Learn from a learning Life Approach
Regula Fankhauser Judith Hangartner Laura Weidmann Ditjola Naco
Francesca Peruzzo Julie Allan
Fernando Hernández-Hernández Juana M. Sancho-Gil Sandra Soler-Campo
Monday, 2021-09-06, 16:00-17:30, Room: n/a, Chair: John Krejsler
- Mapping the Emerging Lines of Precision Education Governance
- Mastery Learning Within European Expert Groups. Expertise in the Making and the Shaping of the Academic Self.
- Analyzing Datafication in Swedish Policy and Practice: a Problematization Approach
Katariina Mertanen Saara Vainio Kristiina Brunila
Svea Kiesewetter Annika Bergviken Rensfeldt Thomas Hillman Sofia Serholt
Tuesday, 2021-09-07, 09:00-10:30, Room: n/a, Chair: Eric Mangez
- Panspectric pedagogy
- Utopia as Method: a Response to Education in Crisis?
- Do Attempts to Produce Vertical Knowledge About Curriculum and Pedagogy End in Further Proliferation of Horizontal Languages of Description?
Stephen Chatelier Elke Van dermijnsbrugge
Yael Shalem Stephanie Allais
Tuesday, 2021-09-07, 11:00-12:30, Room: n/a, Chair: Emiliano Grimaldi
- Rupturing Feedback Loops: European Online Learning Resources and the Possibilities for Learning (to Think)
- (Re)spatialising and (Re)temporalising Europe: A Topological Genealogy of the eTwinning Platform
Karmijn van de Oudeweetering Mathias Decuypere
Steven Lewis Mathias Decuypere
Tuesday, 2021-09-07, 14:00-15:30, Room: n/a, Chair: Paolo Landri
- Killing the Teacher: Two Small Actor-Networks from a Practice-Oriented Study of Interdisciplinary Teacher Teams in Secondary Schools
- Why are Females Less Likely to Receive a Scholarship in German Higher Education?
Laura Tamassia Tobias Frenssen
Christina Haas Andreas Hadjar
Tuesday, 2021-09-07, 14:00-15:30, Room: n/a, Chair: Gyöngyvér Pataki
- Grade Retention’s Subjectivating, Disciplinary and Affective Forces: An Ethnographic Case Study in Chilean Primary Schools
- 2020ID: 1319: Towards a Typology of Students' Academic Habitus: A Mixed Methods Study from Luxembourg
- The Public Role of Normative Documents in Contemporary Education: Many Words and Many Worlds of Policy
Alejandra Meyer Romero
Frederick de Moll Alyssa Grecu Andreas Hadjar
Tuesday, 2021-09-07, 16:00-17:30, Room: n/a, Chair: Jean-Louis Derouet
- Socioethnic Stratification Within and Between Schools: Analysing children of immigrants’ primary education transitions in Lisbon
- Educational Poverty in Italy. Social Inequalities from Teenage to Preadult Life
Adriana Albuquerque Teresa Seabra
Orazio Giancola Luca Salmieri
Wednesday, 2021-09-08, 09:00-10:30, Room: n/a, Chair: Eszter Neumann
- On the Performativity of Disciplinary Practices in the Classroom: Understanding Pedagogical Authority as an (in)stable Relation of Power.
- Tracing the Knowledges of Character Education
- Mechanisms in the Educational Emergence of Difference in Scientific Discourse on Giftedness and Achievement: Expectations, Prescriptions, Reconciliations.
Nele Kuhlmann Anne Otzen
Michaela Kaiser Simone Seitz
Wednesday, 2021-09-08, 11:00-12:30, Room: n/a, Chair: Romuald Normand
- Is there a Critical Sociology of Educational Leadership?
- Learning for Becoming Oneself: the Salience of the Learning Discourse for French School's Founders
- How Schools ‘do’ Policy: the Case of School Self-evaluation in Ireland
Danilo Taglietti Paolo Landri
Craig Skerritt Joe O'Hara Martin Brown Gerry McNamara Shivaun O'Brien
Wednesday, 2021-09-08, 12:30-13:30, Room: n/a, Chair: Eszter Neumann
- NW 28 Meeting
Wednesday, 2021-09-08, 14:00-15:30, Room: n/a, Chair: Sotiria Grek
- International Organisations and the Rise of a Global Metrological Field
- Prophets, Saviours and Saints: Symbolic Governance and the Rise of a Transnational Metrological Field
- In the shadow of the Cold War: The Origins of Metrology in Educational Planning
- The Turbulence of Statistics in Education in the nexus between UNESCO, OECD and the World Bank
- No Dataset Left Behind? Reporting on SDG4 and the Politics of Data Integration
Sotiria Grek Maren Elfert Christian Ydesen Clara Fontdevila Paolo Landri
Wednesday, 2021-09-08, 16:00-17:30, Room: n/a, Chair: Jitka Wirthová
- New Philanthropy and Education Governance in Portugal: Intermediate Actors and New Systems of Reason for Social Inclusion
- Nursery Schools in England in a Hostile Policy Context: Their role in reducing disadvantage
- Private Tutoring as a Critique of Formal Schooing?: Institutional and Affective Analysis of Educational Practices in India
Sofia Viseu Luís Miguel Carvalho
Alice Bradbury Kate Hoskins Lewis Fogarty
Thursday, 2021-09-09, 09:00-10:30, Room: n/a, Chair: Sofia Viseu
Thursday, 2021-09-09, 11:00-12:30, Room: n/a, Chair: Ulpukka Isopahkala-Bouret
- Positionality of graduate employability
- The Meaning of Social Fit in Hiring within Graduate Occupations
- Representing ‘Diversity’: A Barrier or an Asset in French Elite Higher Education and Professional Labour Markets?
- Adding Value to a Degreed Education. Gendered and Classed Narratives of Finnish Business Graduates
Ulpukka Isopahkala-Bouret Gerbrand Tholen Agnès van Zanten Päivi Siivonen Phillip Brown
Agnès van Zanten
Ulpukka Isopahkala-Bouret Päivi Siivonen
28 SES 15 A, Transforming Learning through Automated Technologies; Transforming Automated Technologies through Learning
Thursday, 2021-09-09, 14:00-15:30, Room: n/a, Chair: Mathias Decuypere
- Transforming Learning through Automated Technologies; Transforming Automated Technologies through Learning
- ‘Divisions of Learning’ in Data-driven Education
- Early Warning Systems in US Schooling – A Critical Review
Sigrid Hartong Mathias Decuypere JKK Knox Manuel Reinhard Kalervo N. Gulson Sam Sellar Felicitas Macgilchrist
Mathias Decuypere Sigrid Hartong
28 SES 16 A, Tracing the Formation and Utilization of Policy Knowledge and Research in Nordic Education Policy
Thursday, 2021-09-09, 16:00-17:30, Room: n/a, Chair: Kirsten Sivesind
- Tracing the Formation and Utilization of Policy Knowledge and Research in Nordic Education Policy
- Evidence-based Policymaking in Nordic Countries: Different Settings, Different Practices?
- How Much Policy Advice is Changed and Lost in Political Translation?
- The Organization for Economic Cooperation and Development - A Field Analysis of Knowledge Brokers in Denmark, Finland, and Iceland
- Regional Policy Spaces, Knowledge Networks and the “Nordic Other”
Chanwoong Baek Gita Steiner-Khamsi Andreas Nordin Jaakko Kauko Saija Volmari Jón Torfi Jónasson Kirsten Sivesind Guri Skedsmo Dijana Tiplic Íris Santos Berit Karseth Christian Ydesen Berglind Rós Magnúsdóttir
Chanwoong Baek Dijana Tiplic Íris Santos
Gita Steiner-Khamsi Andreas Nordin Chanwoong Baek Berit Karseth
Jaakko Kauko Christian Ydesen Berglind Rós Magnúsdóttir
Saija Volmari Jón Torfi Jónasson Kirsten Sivesind
Friday, 2021-09-10, 09:00-10:30, Room: n/a, Chair: Camilla Addey
- From Peer Pressure to Self(ie) Pressure: Making Data Work in European Education Governance
- The Impact of Testing on Practices of Division in Primary Schools in England: ‘ability’ grouping educational triage and intervention culture
- “All Data Are Cooked”: Reflecting on Recipes for Researching Educational Data Practices
Ida Martinez Lunde Anastasia Theodora Samara Lucas Lundbye Cone
Alice Bradbury Annette Braun Laura Quick
Irina Zakharova Juliane Jarke
Some networks have already started to plan their chairperson(s).
But at the moment chairpersons are only pencilled in, as we will still need to check for time conflicts between presentation and chairing duties. EERA office will work on this in due course and then officially let chairpersons know about their chairing duties.
Meanwhile, thank you for your patience.
00. Central Events (Keynotes, EERA-Panel, EERJ Round Table, Invited Sessions)
Network 1. Continuing Professional Development: Learning for Individuals, Leaders, and Organisations
Network 2. Vocational Education and Training (VETNET)
Network 3. Curriculum Innovation
Network 4. Inclusive Education
Network 5. Children and Youth at Risk and Urban Education
Network 6. Open Learning: Media, Environments and Cultures
Network 7. Social Justice and Intercultural Education
Network 8. Research on Health Education
Network 9. Assessment, Evaluation, Testing and Measurement
Network 10. Teacher Education Research
Network 11. Educational Effectiveness and Quality Assurance
Network 12. LISnet - Library and Information Science Network
Network 13. Philosophy of Education
Network 14. Communities, Families and Schooling in Educational Research
Network 15. Research Partnerships in Education
Network 16. ICT in Education and Training
Network 17. Histories of Education
Network 18. Research in Sport Pedagogy
Network 19. Ethnography
Network 20. Research in Innovative Intercultural Learning Environments
Network 22. Research in Higher Education
Network 23. Policy Studies and Politics of Education
Network 24. Mathematics Education Research
Network 25. Research on Children's Rights in Education
Network 26. Educational Leadership
Network 27. Didactics – Learning and Teaching
The programme is updated regularly (each day in the morning)
- Search for keywords and phrases in "Text Search"
- Restrict in which part of the abstracts to search in "Where to search"
- Search for authors and in the respective field.
- For planning your conference attendance you may want to use the conference app, which will be issued some weeks before the conference
- If you are a session chair, best look up your chairing duties in the conference system (Conftool) or the app.