02 SES 14 A, Symposium: Promoting Personal Development, Cultural Education And Freedom Of Choice In Vocational And Social Re-Integration Processes For Young People
Symposium<br /> Discussant: Manuel Ribeiro
Against the aim to shorten times for education especially for those who would not choose an academic pathway the need for a new model of school to work transition is proposed. This is strongly influenced by the example of the Danish practice of efterskole. It aims at liberalisation of school to work transition for disadvantaged as well as less privileged young people through putting real experiences in its diverse dimensions in the centre of this process. For a period up to two to three years these young people (who do not participate in upper secondary education which leads to a university entrance certificate) should have the freedom to choose from different activities in the following fields: Culture, Sports, Work as well as Social and Care activities. Instead of preparing them immediately for vocational training or even directly for the labour market they should get freedom of choice (c.f. HENTIG 2007). The new model focuses on self-emancipation and aims at promoting personal development and a comprehensive perspective on individual work and leisure interests and aspirations. Learning and living should mainly take place outside school in a variety of institutions such as Social Centres, Theatres, Music bands, Sports clubs, Companies, etc.
Search the ECER Programme
- Search for keywords and phrases in "Text Search"
- Restrict in which part of the abstracts to search in "Where to search"
- Search for authors and in the respective field.
- For planning your conference attendance you may want to use the conference app, which will be issued some weeks before the conference
- If you are a session chair, best look up your chairing duties in the conference system (Conftool) or the app.