- Booking Name: Tuesday Morning WS 1
- Time: 8:30 - 10:30
- Facilitator: Francisco Freitas
MAXQDA is a powerful tool, which makes it easy for you to organize, evaluate, and interpret qualitative and mixed methods data, create easy-to-read reports and visualizations, and connect and share with other researchers (www.maxqda.com). The workshop consists of a mixture of demonstrations and guided practice, focusing on the practical knowledge required for using MAXQDA for the analysis of qualitative data.
After completing this workshop, participants will be able to prepare and import documents to be analyzed in MAXQDA. They will be familiar with the basic functions necessary for analyzing qualitative data, from creating and managing a code system to coding documents to retrieving coded segments. They can also use deeper analysis techniques and memos to hold and organize ideas and thoughts. They will be able to conduct simple and complex lexical searches and automatically code search results.
- Creating projects
- Preparing and importing documents
- Creating codes
- Coding document segments
- Assign code colours
- Doing text retrieval
- Creating and managing memos
- Further functions may be explained, e.g. working with standardized data (variables), MAXMaps for data visualization, Summary Grid to work with summaries or Smart Publisher for automatic reporting.
Requirements - IMPORTANT:
- You are only eligible to attend this workshop if you are registered as participant of ECER.
- Should you not be able to attend, please cancel your reservation, as there might be a waiting list.
- Please bring your own laptop equipped with MAXQDA (a 14-day trial version can be downloaded here).
As part of the commitment of EERA to ensuring that our annual European Conference on Educational Research (ECER) is as sustainable as possible, we were delighted to work with the local organisers of our Hamburg 2019 conference to develop our 'Green Agenda'. Watch this videoto learn more!