Network: 17. Histories of Education
Tuesday, 2019-09-03, 13:15-14:45, Room: VMP 8 - Room 205, Chair: Sarah Van Ruyskensvelde
- Legitimation of Virtue Education under Dictatorship: The Case of Soviet Latvia (from 1948 to 1985)
- Historical Evidences Against the Audio-visual Propaganda during the Totalitarian Periods. Analysing the Francoism as a Case Study.
- Education in Soviet Lithuania – dangerous and/or attractive “zone”.
Manuel Joaquín Fernández González Iveta Ķestere
Raquel Cercós Eulàlia Collelldemont
Tuesday, 2019-09-03, 15:15-16:45, Room: VMP 8 - Room 205, Chair: Helena Ribeiro de Castro
- Formation Of Nurses In Times Of Risk
- ‘Found Myself in a Storm’ – Uncertainty as Part of Educational Thought
- The Competent but Vulnerable Child - Receptive and in need of intervention
Carmen Flury Raffaela Christina de Vries Christina Rothen Stefan Kessler
Maja Plum Therese Lindgren Magdalena Sjöstrand Öhrfelt
Tuesday, 2019-09-03, 17:15-18:45, Room: VMP 8 - Room 205, Chair: Christian Ydesen
- John Dewey and the Nature of Body/Mind Relationships: A Historical and Critical Review 1900-1930.
- Progressive Education and Grammar Schools in Sweden: Mother Tongue, History and Biology Teaching in the 1940s
Johan Samuelsson Niklas Gericke Christina Olin-Scheller
Tuesday, 2019-09-03, 17:15-18:45, Room: VMP 8 - Room 208, Chair: Iveta Kestere
- Disappointed Redemption Narratives
- Hope – Optimism – Disappointment: The Role of Narratives of School Crisis in Germany and the US
- Between Blame and Credit: The Role of Villains and Heroes in Dystopian and Utopian Narratives about Education in Sweden
- Imagining the Nordic welfare state – A case study of Nordic childcare know-how in China
Bernhard Hemetsberger Joakim Landahl Magnus Andersen Iveta Kestere Johannes Westberg
Wednesday, 2019-09-04, 09:00-10:30, Room: VMP 8 - Room 205, Chair: Geert Thyssen
- Future Thinking through Present/s_Past/s? Reconsidering Conditions of Schooling through Time as a Historical and Theoretical Subject of Inquiry
Geert Thyssen Fabio Pruneri Iveta Kestere Helena Ribeiro de Castro Chista Nadimi Christian Ydesen
Wednesday, 2019-09-04, 12:15-13:15, Room: Poster Tent, Chair:
Wednesday, 2019-09-04, 13:30-15:00, Room: VMP 8 - Room 205, Chair: Joakim Landahl
- ‘Unsound Minds’ – Sound Studies And The History Of Education For Children With Mental Disabilities In Belgium 1887-1920.
- Visualization of political Arguments of Civics Courses in the former GDR
- A Forgotten Sound: Aids/hiv, Pascal de Duve and the Sensitive Historian of Education
Nele Reyniers Pieter Verstraete
Wednesday, 2019-09-04, 13:30-15:00, Room: VMP 8 - Room 208, Chair: Iveta Kestere
- Milestones in the History of Czechoslovak Education and Teaching Profession in the Second Half of the 20th Century
- New Possibilities For Education After Political And Social Changes - Slovenian Examples In 20th-Century (1918 And 1945)
- Counterrevolutionary Teachers: Physical Violence in the Hungarian Schools after the 1956 Revolution
Jiri Zounek Michal Šimáně
Branko Šuštar Maja Hakl Saje
Wednesday, 2019-09-04, 15:30-17:00, Room: VMP 8 - Room 205, Chair: Manuel Joaquín Fernández González
- Challenging the Dominant Church Hegemony in Times of Risk and Promise: Carysfort Women Resist
- Futures Past: Critique of Schooling and Dealing with Societal Risk around 1800
- Risk and Promises in the Debate of Secular Religious Education in Sweden: Emilia Fogelklou – an Educational Traditionalist or Visionary?
Judith Harford Tom O' Donoghue
Wednesday, 2019-09-04, 15:30-17:00, Room: VMP 8 - Room 208, Chair: Thomas Ruoss
- Teaching Capitalism in Times of Crisis: Historical Perspectives on the Educational Foundations of the Market Society
- Making Capitalism Run More Smoothly: Economic Knowledge Initiatives in Switzerland, 1950-1990
- Beyond the Counter: Banking Associations and the Promotion of Capitalistic Education in the 20th Century
- How to become a Capitalist? Monetary Education in the 19th Century
Thomas Ruoss Michael Geiss Sandra Mass . . Lukas Graf
Wednesday, 2019-09-04, 17:15-18:45, Room: VMP 8 - Room 205, Chair: Sarah Van Ruyskensvelde
- Histories Of Education Over And In Time: Connecting The Past And Future Of A Discipline
Sarah Van Ruyskensvelde Nele Reyniers Iveta Kestere Attila Nóbik Klaus Dittrich Joyce Goodman
Thursday, 2019-09-05, 09:00-10:30, Room: VMP 8 - Room 205, Chair: Chista Nadimi
- Educational Research in the Digital Era: Possibilities and challenges
Chista Nadimi Lajos Somogyvári Stefanie Kollmann Stefan Cramme Lars Müller
Thursday, 2019-09-05, 12:10-13:20, Room: VMP 8 - Room 205, Chair: Iveta Kestere
- Network Meeting - NW 17
Thursday, 2019-09-05, 13:30-15:00, Room: VMP 8 - Room 205, Chair: Chista Nadimi
Thursday, 2019-09-05, 15:30-17:00, Room: VMP 8 - Room 205, Chair: Thomas Ruoss
Thursday, 2019-09-05, 17:15-18:45, Room: VMP 8 - Room 205, Chair: Pieter Verstraete
- Different Explanations to Differences. Academic and vocational conceptions in reforming the Swedish education system after World War II
- Educational Models for Children in 20th Century Italy. Horizons and Challenges for Democratization and Inclusion.
- The Legacy of the Norwegian 1942 Teachers’ Revolt Against the Nazi Regime
Jonas Gustafsson Åsa Broberg
Ole Petter Vestheim Leiv Sem
Friday, 2019-09-06, 09:00-10:30, Room: VMP 8 - Room 205, Chair: Lajos Somogyvári
Friday, 2019-09-06, 13:30-15:00, Room: VMP 8 - Room 205, Chair: Geert Thyssen
Some networks have already started to plan their chairperson(s).
But at the moment chairpersons are only pencilled in, as we will still need to check for time conflicts between presentation and chairing duties. EERA office will work on this in due course and then officially let chairpersons know about their chairing duties.
Meanwhile, thank you for your patience.
00. Central Events (Keynotes, EERA-Panel, EERJ Round Table, Invited Sessions)
Network 1. Continuing Professional Development: Learning for Individuals, Leaders, and Organisations
Network 2. Vocational Education and Training (VETNET)
Network 3. Curriculum Innovation
Network 4. Inclusive Education
Network 5. Children and Youth at Risk and Urban Education
Network 6. Open Learning: Media, Environments and Cultures
Network 7. Social Justice and Intercultural Education
Network 8. Research on Health Education
Network 9. Assessment, Evaluation, Testing and Measurement
Network 10. Teacher Education Research
Network 11. Educational Effectiveness and Quality Assurance
Network 12. LISnet - Library and Information Science Network
Network 13. Philosophy of Education
Network 14. Communities, Families and Schooling in Educational Research
Network 15. Research Partnerships in Education
Network 16. ICT in Education and Training
Network 17. Histories of Education
Network 18. Research in Sport Pedagogy
Network 19. Ethnography
Network 20. Research in Innovative Intercultural Learning Environments
Network 22. Research in Higher Education
Network 23. Policy Studies and Politics of Education
Network 24. Mathematics Education Research
Network 25. Research on Children's Rights in Education
Network 26. Educational Leadership
Network 27. Didactics – Learning and Teaching
The programme is updated regularly (each day in the morning)
- Search for keywords and phrases in "Text Search"
- Restrict in which part of the abstracts to search in "Where to search"
- Search for authors and in the respective field.
- For planning your conference attendance you may want to use the conference app, which will be issued some weeks before the conference
- If you are a session chair, best look up your chairing duties in the conference system (Conftool) or the app.