The covid-19 pandemic has affected schools in almost the whole world and changed the conditions for teaching and learning. For example, the usual timetable, the presence of teachers and pupils in the same classroom, the direct interactions with visible faces cannot be taken for granted under pandemic. Social distancing, face masks, prolonged holidays, interruptions of learning, suspension of a number of subjects (sports, music) from the school schedule, and online instruction have become new conditions for teaching and learning in schools at least for a certain period of time. Even though there is a hope that the situation will come back to “normal” with the help of a vaccine it seems important to describe and analyze the current situation and relate the findings to the fundamental questions of didactics, teaching, and learning. The papers for this call are expected to discuss the developments and consequences for didactics, teaching and learning under COVID-19 conditions and address the following questions:
- In what way do COVID-19 restrictions affect a change of curriculum and teaching and learning content?
- In what way do the new conditions affect the communication and interaction of teachers and students? How do teachers and students respond to challenging teaching and learning conditions in covid-19 pandemic?
- What are the chances and obstacles for teaching and learning with / from digital media?
- Is there a kind of “emergency didactics” that reacts to the extreme conditions of the pandemic and tries to restore or restructure “normal” conditions?
- Are there disruptive innovations in teaching and learning at schools that might persist even when the pandemic is over?
- To what extent do current conditions of schooling affect educational justice?
We strongly encourage submission of papers that compare how teaching and learning as affected by COVID-19 in different countries.
“Didactics – Learning and teaching in Europe”
<link https: www.researchgate.net project didactics-learning-and-teaching-eera-network-27 _blank>Link