Network: 20. Research in Innovative Intercultural Learning Environments
20 SES 01, Session Zero: Framing and Reframing Universities and Network 20 in a Radically Changing Society; Rethinking Research Communities, Engagement and Civic Socialization
Tuesday, 2017-08-22, 13:15-14:45, Room: W3.16, Chair: Christian Quvang
20 SES 02, What Is a Globalized Society, What Concepts Are Being Used and How Does That Effect the Interplay between Emotion, Identity, Intercultural Competences and Education?
Tuesday, 2017-08-22, 15:15-16:45, Room: W3.16, Chair: Gyöngyvér Pataki
- Participatory creativity in Spanish secondary education by means of music and images
- The Case for Transculturalism: redefining the conceptual base of cultural education in a globalised society
- Listening to the Voices behind the Silence: Chinese Students’ Positioning in Intercultural Classrooms at a British University
Roberto Cremades Carlos Lage
20 SES 03 JS, Discourses and Practices around Refugees, Migration, Interculturalism and Inclusion on Micro and Macro Levels; What Made Us Wiser and What Have We Learnt to Frame Future Research?
Tuesday, 2017-08-22, 17:15-18:45, Room: W3.16, Chair: Christian Quvang
- Mobility, Migration and Refugee in (Academic) Education Discourse
- Challenging Interculturalism: The Inclusion of Asylum Seekers and Refugees
- Romani Students: A Gift To The Academy?
Marco Catarci Massimiliano Fiorucci
Christina Rodell Olgaç
20 SES 04, Educational and Mentoring Practices Related to Integration and Acculturation – What Kind of Tensions and Hindrances Can Be Identified through Research Projects on these Topics?
Wednesday, 2017-08-23, 09:00-10:30, Room: W3.16, Chair: Raimonda Bruneviciute
- Dialectical Tensions in Preschool Educational Practices
- Culture Mixing: A Framework to Understand Internationalization in Higher Education
- Revisiting Conceptualisations of the Development of Positive Intercultural Relationships at University
Doly Eliyahu-Levi Michal Meishar
Carmen Carmona Rodriguez Inmaculada López-Francés María-Isabel Viana-Orta José Vidal Mollón Sharon Glazer Simran Vazirani Mangnani
Kazuhiro Kudo Simone Volet Craig Whitsed
Wednesday, 2017-08-23, 12:00-13:30, Room: W4.corridor (Poster Area), Chair:
- Effects of Critical Incident Tasks in English Classes on Students’ Intercultural Competence
Thien Quynh Tran Tran Wilfried Admiraal Nadira Saab
20 SES 05, Narratives, Photography Narratives and Drama; How Do These Methods Work in Research and What Kind of Knowledge Will These Methods Provide on Topics Like Diversity, Identity, Social Skills and Life?
Wednesday, 2017-08-23, 13:30-15:00, Room: W3.16, Chair: Maja Jankowska
- ‘I think this life really suits me, that's the difference’: Narrative, metaphor and study-abroad experience
- Narration in Photography – Using Photographs to ‘Talk’ about Diversity
- “I am excited to go to school, I'm a detective in the drama” How can drama- teaching methods promote personal identity and social skills of students?
Ása Helga Ragnarsdóttir Hafdís Guðjónsdóttir
20 SES 06, To Study Abroad Is Challenging Intercultural Sensitivity Competencies but What from Technology to Philosophy Can Inform and Support This Academic Practice?
Wednesday, 2017-08-23, 15:30-17:00, Room: W3.16, Chair: Raimonda Bruneviciute
- Unpacking Virtual and Intercultural Spaces: A Presentation of a Conceptual Framework to Investigate the Connection between Technology and Intercultural Learning
- Assessing Intercultural Sensitivity In Study Abroad Students Through Video-Logs
- International Branch Campuses and Education Pedagogy- A Comparative Perspective between Chinese and Western Teaching Philosophy
Mette Jørgensen Amanda Mason Rikke Pedersen James Turner Roger Harrison
Alessio Surian Chistian Tarchi Colette Daiute
20 SES 07 A, Inclusion and Immigration Are the Big Agendas for Welfare Professions and How Can These Aims Be Supported by Digital and Visual Media through Application of Interactivity and Art?
Wednesday, 2017-08-23, 17:15-18:45, Room: W3.16, Chair: Maja Jankowska
- Digital Inclusion Through Interactive Groups
- I Is for Immigration: Visual Art From A Kids' Point of View
Itxaso Tellado Fernando Macías Aranda Carme García-Yeste Tània García
20 SES 07 B, Making It Matter: Educational research's transformative potential - moving beyond ambivalence by reframing the production of ourselves and “The Other”'
Wednesday, 2017-08-23, 17:15-18:45, Room: W2.05, Chair: Alice Brown
- Making It Matter: Educational Research's Transformative Potential - Moving Beyond Ambivalence By Reframing The Production Of Ourselves And “The Other”'
- Centring The Voices And Narratives Of Key Stakeholders In Research In Pursuit Of Actionable Policy And Reform
- Researcher Positioning And Transformative Dialogue Between Academic And Community Knowledge
- The Ambivalent Power Of Educational Research In Shifting Discourse: Rethinking The Inclusion Of “The Other” In Educational Reform Agendas
Patrick Alan Danaher Alice Brown Martin Levinson Máirín Kenny Judy Gouwens Sorcha Hyland Hafdís Guðjónsdóttir Christian Quvang
Judy Gouwens Sorcha Hyland Christian Quvang
Martin Levinson Mairin Kenny
Alice Brown Patrick Alan Danaher
20 SES 08, Trends in Multicultural Education and How This Education, with Focus on Identity Negotiation and Development of Peaceful Values Contributes to Education, Is Essential and Questioned in This Session
Thursday, 2017-08-24, 09:00-10:30, Room: W3.16, Chair: Doly Eliyahu-Levi
Thursday, 2017-08-24, 12:00-13:00, Room: W3.16, Chair: Christian Quvang
- Network Meeting
20 SES 09, Bringing You Inspiring Practice For Inclusive Education: Teaching diverse learners in (school)subjects / TdiverS (Part 1)
Thursday, 2017-08-24, 13:30-15:00, Room: W3.16, Chair: Raimonda Bruneviciute
- Bringing You Inspiring Practice For Inclusive Education: Teaching Diverse Learners In (School)Subjects / TdiverS I
- Reflective Practitioners in Teacher Education – Inspiring Practice of Inclusive Teaching in Physical Education (Germany)
- Responsive Teachers Teaching School Subjects in Inclusive Practices
- Understanding the Development of Inclusive Education System in Lithuania
Hafdís Guðjónsdóttir Kerstin Merz-Atalik Katja Weber Edda Óskarsdóttir Stefanija Alisauskiene Lina Milteniene Raimonda Bruneviciute Ása Helga Ragnarsdóttir Jóhanna Karlsdóttir
Prof. Dr. Kerstin Merz-Atalik Katja Weber
Hafdís Guðjónsdóttir Jóhanna Karlsdóttir Edda Óskarsdóttir
Stefanija Alisauskiene Lina Milteniene
20 SES 10 B, What Kind of Teacher Competence, Collaborative Knowledge and Perspective are Essential for Working with Multicultural Settings and Different Cultures on Various Levels of Education?
Thursday, 2017-08-24, 15:30-17:00, Room: W5.13, Chair: Hafdís Guðjónsdóttir
- Exploring teachers' collaborative knowledge practices in a multicultural urban setting in Norway
- The Expresssion of Teachers' Educational Competence in the Learning Environment of a Specialized University Working with Students of Different Cultures
Dalija Gudaityte Edita Butrime Raimonda Bruneviciute Virginija Tuomaite
20 SES 10 A, Bringing You Inspiring Practice For Inclusive Education: Teaching diverse learners in (school)subjects / TdiverS (Part 2)
Thursday, 2017-08-24, 15:30-17:00, Room: W3.16, Chair: Raimonda Bruneviciute
- Bringing You Inspiring Practice For Inclusive Education: Teaching Diverse Learners In (School)Subjects / TdiverS II
- Inclusive Practices In Luxembourg
- The Inclusion Journey: Lessons Learned From The Spanish Schools
- Meeting Global Challenges Through Fostering Young Learners in Inclusive Thinking
Hafdís Guðjónsdóttir Michelle Brendel Justin Powell Marta Sandoval Elisabeth Persson Raimonda Bruneviciute Jónína Vala Kristinsdóttir Cecilia Simón Gerardo Echeita
Michelle Brendel Justin Powell
Marta Sandoval Cecilia Simón Gerardo Echeita
20 SES 11, What Supports Academic Performance and Wellbeing Related to Educational Environments and the Interplay of Emotion and Identity for Mobile and Immigrant Students?
Thursday, 2017-08-24, 17:15-18:45, Room: W3.16, Chair: Doly Eliyahu-Levi
- Expression of the Educational Environments of the Library in Freshmen’s Studying Process
- Interplay Of Emotion And Identity In Mobile Students’ Experiences
- How to improve the school performance of students of immigrant origin? Qualitative evaluation of the ECO-FA-SE* program
Andrius Eidimtas Raimonda Bruneviciute Irmantas Ramanauskas
Heeok Heo Johnson Esko
Julia María Crespo Comesaña Ana Vázquez Rodríguez Leticia López Castro
20 SES 12 A, Voice-centered Relational Method: Focusing on the voice, the relationship and socio-cultural context in research narratives
Friday, 2017-08-25, 09:00-10:30, Room: W3.16, Chair: Raimonda Bruneviciute
Friday, 2017-08-25, 09:00-10:30, Room: W5.18, Chair: Christian Quvang
- Practices of Culturally Responsive Assessment in European Schools? Results of a Literature Review in Four European Countries
- Culture, Learning Strategies and Second Language in Higher Education: A Comparative Study Among Chinese and Spanish Students
Funda Nayir Martin Brown Denise Burns Guri Norvedt Barbara Herzog-Punzenberger Oya Taneri
Carmen Carmona Rodriguez Nerea Hernaiz-Agreda Simran Vazirani Mangani Jesús M. Suárez Rodríguez Inmaculada López-Francés María Jesús Benlloch Sanchis
20 SES 13, Internationalization, Immigration and Hospitality in Academia; What Experiences and Knowledge from Research, Comparative Studies etc. Informs University Teachers on How to Improve Intercultural Teaching?
Friday, 2017-08-25, 13:30-15:00, Room: W3.16, Chair: Carmen Carmona Rodriguez
- Hospitality in Academia: Perspectives and Experiences of International faculty
- Exploring the Match or Mismatch Between Acculturation Orientations of Immigrant Students and Acculturation Orientations of Their Native-born Teacher
Ketevan Kupatadze Stacey Cozart
Andrea Haenni Hoti Christine Wolfgramm Alois Buholzer Johanna Pautasso Marianne Müller
00. Central Events (Keynotes, EERA-Panel, EERJ Round Table, Invited Sessions)
Network 1. Continuing Professional Development: Learning for Individuals, Leaders, and Organisations
Network 2. Vocational Education and Training (VETNET)
Network 3. Curriculum Innovation
Network 4. Inclusive Education
Network 5. Children and Youth at Risk and Urban Education
Network 6. Open Learning: Media, Environments and Cultures
Network 7. Social Justice and Intercultural Education
Network 8. Research on Health Education
Network 9. Assessment, Evaluation, Testing and Measurement
Network 10. Teacher Education Research
Network 11. Educational Effectiveness and Quality Assurance
Network 12. LISnet - Library and Information Science Network
Network 13. Philosophy of Education
Network 14. Communities, Families and Schooling in Educational Research
Network 15. Research Partnerships in Education
Network 16. ICT in Education and Training
Network 17. Histories of Education
Network 18. Research in Sport Pedagogy
Network 19. Ethnography
Network 20. Research in Innovative Intercultural Learning Environments
Network 22. Research in Higher Education
Network 23. Policy Studies and Politics of Education
Network 24. Mathematics Education Research
Network 25. Research on Children's Rights in Education
Network 26. Educational Leadership
Network 27. Didactics – Learning and Teaching
The programme is updated regularly (each day in the morning)
- Search for keywords and phrases in "Text Search"
- Restrict in which part of the abstracts to search in "Where to search"
- Search for authors and in the respective field.
- For planning your conference attendance you may want to use the conference app, which will be issued some weeks before the conference
- If you are a session chair, best look up your chairing duties in the conference system (Conftool) or the app.