Network: 17. Histories of Education
Tuesday, 2016-08-23, 13:15-14:45, Room: OB-H2.40, Chair: Pieter Verstraete
Tuesday, 2016-08-23, 15:15-16:45, Room: OB-H2.40, Chair: Elena Tabacchi
- (Re-)building The Minds Of Europe: Social Science And The Education For A New World Order After The Second World War.
- The Progressive school of Malagnou: a place for children fulfilment or for educational research? (1970-1985)
- The Flemish Freinet: On appropriation and re-employment of the Freinet pedagogy in Flemish education, c1980 until present
- John Dewey and the History of Teacher Education in Turkey
Jan Devos Angelo Van Gorp Michel Vandenbroeck
Gokce Gokalp Ali Yıldırım
Tuesday, 2016-08-23, 17:15-18:45, Room: OB-E0.32, Chair: Iveta Kestere
- Race, Legitimacy And History: Elite State Schooling In Settler Colonial Australia
- British women teachers and 'the problems of teaching children out here' in South Africa, Germany and the Gold Coast (Ghana)
- Wrong Hand/Wrong Children: Education of Left Handed Children in the Soviet Union
Helen Proctor Arathi Sriprakash
Linda Daniela Zanda Rubene Dace Medne
Tuesday, 2016-08-23, 17:15-18:45, Room: OB-H2.40, Chair: Geert Thyssen
- The historical confluence of education for international understanding and textbook revisions in Brazil, 1945–1960
- Legitimizing Networks? Scientization of the Educational Administration in Switzerland 1960-1990
- U.S. Public Diplomacy And The Internationalization Of Education Sciences In Spain
- The Presence of European Pedagogues in Presentations of History of Education in Slovene Pedagogical Periodicals 1880–1925
Helena Ribeiro de Castro Christian Ydesen
Francisco J. Rodriguez Jimenez Tamar Groves Lorenzo Delgado Gómez-Escalonilla
Wednesday, 2016-08-24, 09:00-10:30, Room: OB-H2.40, Chair: Hans-Ulrich Grunder
- Local Agency's Capacity for Adaptation of International Education Transfer.
- Boundlessly Entangled: Travels and Performances of School Hygiene in the Context of Open-Air Education (c. 1904-1936)
- The English Ethical Movement and Moral Instruction: Moments of International Activity, 1892-1914
Kairat Kurakbayev Murat Orunkhanov
Wednesday, 2016-08-24, 13:30-15:00, Room: OB-H2.40, Chair: Frank Simon
- Educationalization And Neoliberalism: Creativity In The Belgian Primary school
- Paintings and illuminated manuscripts as sources of History of Childhood - Conceptions of Childhood in the Renaissance
- Orbanism and its objects. The architectural pedagogy of Luc Deleu
- Visual Framing of People in Poverty by Self-advocacy Organisations: All about Courage?
Heidi Degerickx Griet Roets Angelo Van Gorp
Wednesday, 2016-08-24, 15:30-17:00, Room: OB-H2.40, Chair:
- The contribution of historiography in designing of the methodological theoretical framework in the Brazilian Educational Research: notes
- 50 years of Swedish school reform visions from a municipal perspective. Historio-geographical reform aspects as a contribution to curriculum theory.
Merilin Baldan Alessandra Arce Hai
Henrik Román Stina Hallsén Andreas Nordin Johanna Ringarp
Wednesday, 2016-08-24, 17:15-18:45, Room: OB-H2.40, Chair: Susannah Wright
- Living Laboratories of Educational Research.The Various Concepts and Forms of "Child Observatories" of Rousseau Institute
- Working Education in the Socialist Bloc: A Comparative Analysis
- The Development of a Scientific Fact - the Formation of Teacher Knowledge in German and British Educational Research Journals
- Is ICT Integration A Magic Wand For The Quality of Education? A Comparative Historical Analysis Between Singapore and Turkey
Beatrice Haenggeli-Jenni Rita Hofstetter
Ekmel Çetin Ebru Solmaz
Thursday, 2016-08-25, 12:00-13:00, Room: OB-H2.40, Chair: Helena Ribeiro de Castro
- Network Meeting
Helena Ribeiro de Castro
Thursday, 2016-08-25, 13:30-15:00, Room: OB-H2.40, Chair: Beatrice Haenggeli-Jenni
- Excavating the Foundations of a Homogenous Primary School Teaching Force in Ireland
- Writing A Biography Based On A ‘Laundry List’: Ovide Decroly (1871-1932). Some Methodological Questions And Theoretical Considerations.
- Elite Formation in the Welfare State – An Overlooked Aspect of Sweden’s History of Education
- The education of deaf-mutes in the XIXth century Sicily
Thomas Walsh Rory Mc Daid
Marc Depaepe Frank Simon Angelo Van Gorp
Thursday, 2016-08-25, 15:30-17:00, Room: OB-H2.40, Chair: Gonçalo Canto Moniz
- 1916-2016 - “Education and Democracy” for a Democratic Learning Space (part I)
- School Culture, Teachers’ Beliefs and Learning Environment.
- School Library Housing – A Dynamic and Democratic Venue for Progressive School Practice?
- The Design Factory Concept: A democratic learning space conquered by students
Gonçalo Moniz Moniz Ulrike Stadler-Altmann Torfi Hjartarson Anna Kristín Sigurðardóttir Diana Aguiar Vieira n. n. Sofia Marques Silva Kalevi Ekman
Torfi Hjartarson Anna Kristín Sigurðardóttir
Diana Aguiar Vieira Kalevi Ekman
Thursday, 2016-08-25, 17:15-18:45, Room: OB-H2.40, Chair: Gonçalo Canto Moniz
- 1916-2016 - “Education and Democracy” for a Democratic Learning Space (part II)
- A school for the future: design, democracy and student expectations in England 2016.
- Context-free pragmatism in Danish school building architecture and the professional education programs
- The Democratic Conception in Education(al Spaces)
- Towards a democratic learning space: the transformation of schools built in Portugal before 1974
Gonçalo Canto Moniz Maria Bacharel Pamela Woolner Ulrike Thomas Lars Emmerik Damgaard Knudsen Carolina Ferreira Pieter Verstraete Alexandra Alegre
Pamela Woolner Ulrike Thomas
Lars Emmerik Damgaard Knudsen
Maria Bacharel Alexandra Alegre
Gonçalo Canto Moniz Carolina Ferreira
Friday, 2016-08-26, 09:00-10:30, Room: OB-H2.40, Chair: Pieter Verstraete
- Educational Soundscapes: Sounds and Silences in the History of Education
- Disability and the Educationalization of Silence
- Experimenting with Sound and Silence: Auditory Geographies, Acoustic Selves and Sonorous Histories of Schooling
- Silence as Borderland: a Semiotic Approach to the ’Silent’ Pupil in Nineteenth Century Education.
- “Radiorrhea”: Pedagogies of Leisure and Mid-twentieth-century Youth and Radio Culture
Pieter Verstraete Joyce Goodman Josephine Hoegaerts Laura Di Spurio Ian Grosvenor
Laura Di Spurio
Friday, 2016-08-26, 13:30-15:00, Room: OB-H2.40, Chair: Helena Ribeiro de Castro
- The changes in the textbook-approval process in Hungary from the change of regime to today
- Student Mobility in the Secondary Schools in the Austro-Hungarian Monarchy: The Viennese Example
- Denominational schools during the communist periode in Hungary
- Education culture and educational reform in Italy 1900-1930 : the case of Giuseppe Lombardo Radice
Ágnes Inántsy Pap
- Search for keywords and phrases in "Text Search"
- Restrict in which part of the abstracts to search in "Where to search"
- Search for authors and in the respective field.
- For planning your conference attendance you may want to use the conference app, which will be issued some weeks before the conference
- If you are a session chair, best look up your chairing duties in the conference system (Conftool) or the app.