Network: 18. Research in Sports Pedagogy
18 SES 01, EDUHEALTH - Educating for Equitable Health Outcomes in Physical Education. Sweden, Norway and New Zealand in a Horizon 2020 Project.
Tuesday, 2017-08-22, 13:15-14:45, Room: K3.23, Chair: Karin Redelius
- EDUHEALTH - Educating for equitable health outcomes in physical education. Sweden, Norway and New Zealand in a Horizon 2020 project.
- Challenging PETE. Steering mechanisms and teaching logics preserving old traditions
- EDUHEALTH - Educating for equitable health outcomes in physical education
- Socially critical HPE- The changing fields of (H)PETE and HPE in Aotearoa New Zealand
- Teaching and learning for equitable health outcomes in physical education in Norway: What do we know?
Lena Larsson Kjersti Mordal Moen Katarina Schenker Knut Westlie Rod Philpot Maureen Legge Karin Redelius Øyvind Standal Wayne Smith Göran Gerdin Susanne Linnér
Lena Larsson Katarina Schenker Göran Gerdin Susanne Linnér
Wayne Smith Göran Gerdin Lena Larsson Kjersti Mordal Moen
Rod Philpot Maureen Legge Wayne Smith
Kjersti Mordal Moen Knut Westlie
Tuesday, 2017-08-22, 15:15-16:45, Room: K3.23, Chair: Marie Öhman
Wednesday, 2017-08-23, 09:00-10:30, Room: K3.24, Chair:
- Education outside the classroom as an ‘add-in’, holistic school-based health promotion initiative: the TEACHOUT study
- Effects of a one year Education Outside the Classroom intervention on pupils' motivation for school and the connection to academic learning
- Learning Processes In Outdoor Education
Peter Bentsen Mads Bølling Camilla Roed Otte Glen Nielsen Mikkel Bo Schneller Erik Mygind
Camilla Roed Otte Mads Bølling Peter Bentsen Glen Nielsen
Wednesday, 2017-08-23, 12:15-13:15, Room: K3.23, Chair: Fiona Chambers
- The Inactivity Time Bomb - How can researchers help solve this wicked problem?
Fiona Chambers Morgens Kirkeby
Wednesday, 2017-08-23, 13:30-15:00, Room: K3.23, Chair: Fiona Chambers
- The Use of Educational Technology in Fostering Reflective Thinking Among Physical and Health Education Preservice Teachers
- Becoming a Primary Physical Educator: Sourcing Professional Knowledge and Confidence
- Preservice Teacher Empowerment Through a Model Based on a School-university Collaborative Practice: A Pilot Study in PE Handball Classes
- ‘This content will remain with me forever’: Pre-service teachers’ Perceptions of a Blended Approach
Nelli Lyyra Raili Välimaa Päivikki Jääskelä Pilvikki Heikinaro-Johansson
Paula Batista Graça Amândio Mariana Amaral-da-Cunha Luisa Estriga
Antonio Calderón Lourdes Meroño
Wednesday, 2017-08-23, 15:30-17:00, Room: K3.23, Chair: Marie Öhman
- ‘It all depends’ – Students’ experiences of intergenerational touch in physical education practice
- The ‘body pedagogics’ of an elite footballer’s career path – analysing Zlatan Ibrahimovic’s biography
Annica Caldeborg Marie Öhman Ninitha Maivorsdotter
Joacim Andersson Ninitha Maivorsdotter
Wednesday, 2017-08-23, 17:15-18:45, Room: K3.23, Chair: Antonio Calderón
- Practical Skills and Practical Virtues: Reviewing Prospects for Physical Education
- “A Mile Wide and an Inch Deep”? Exploring the Width and Depth of Norwegian Physical Education Practice
- Established and outsiders – A study of students’ negotiation processes in Physical Education in Danish high schools
- Teaching Movement Activities as Performativity
Øyvind F. Standal Kjersti M. Moen Knut Westlie
Stine Frydendal Nielsen Lone Friis Thing
Jens-Ole Jensen Lise Réol
Thursday, 2017-08-24, 09:00-10:30, Room: K3.23, Chair: Paula Batista
- (Re) negotiating ‘praxis shock’: Female teachers’ understandings of effective pedagogical practice in all-boys’ physical education
- Professional Body Orientations In Physical Education Student Teachers’ Professional Identity
- Physical Education Pre-service and In-service Teachers’ Professional Identity and Understanding of Quality of Physical Education
- Talking It Through: Using Youth Voice To Explore Pupils’ Knowledge, Understandings And Conceptions Of Healthy, Active Lifestyles
Amanda Mooney Chris Hickey
Jukka Virta Anneli Eteläpelto Päivi Hökkä Helena Rasku-Puttonen
Oliver Hooper Jo Harris Lorraine Cale
Thursday, 2017-08-24, 12:00-13:00, Room: K3.23, Chair: Fiona Chambers
- Network Meeting
Thursday, 2017-08-24, 13:30-15:00, Room: K3.23, Chair:
- Playing with Ideas: Facilitating young people’s understanding of disability, impairment and inclusion through sport-based games
- Right to Be Active? Exploring the Sport/Physical Activity Experiences of Children in Care
- The Social Life of Well-being Assessments: an ethnographic study of child well-being in the Danish day-care institution
Rachel Sandford Angharad Beckett Richard Giulianotti
Rachel Sandford Thomas Quarmby Rebecca Duncombe Chloe Woodhouse Chloe Cockett
Thursday, 2017-08-24, 15:30-17:00, Room: K3.23, Chair: Antonio Calderón
- Physical Education Majors First Experience in Teaching Games for Understanding
- The Impact of a Handball Teaching Unit on Students' Game Play Competence: an Action Research-Based Intervention
- The Teaching of Gymnastic Skills through Collaborative Styles.
Mauro Andre Mariana H. C. Tsukamoto
Luisa Estriga Paula Batista António Ferreira Cunha Mariana Graça Amândio
Mª Alejandra Ávalos Lilyan Vega
Thursday, 2017-08-24, 15:30-17:00, Room: K3.02, Chair: Fiona Chambers
- Societal Evolution, institutional Injunctions and Physical Education teaching. How do Students and Teachers perceive Sexism and Homophobia ?
- How collaborative research can enhance gender equality and changes of teaching practices in elementary school. A didactic analysis of a rugby unit
- "The Physical And Virtual Wall Between Boys And Girls In Icelandic Compulsory School Classrooms”
Thursday, 2017-08-24, 17:15-18:45, Room: K3.23, Chair: Rachel Sandford
- How Is Health Understood And Taught In Physical Education - A Literature Review Of Existing Literature
- Raising The Stakes: Exploring The Relationship Between Policy and Practice in Health Education
- Running for success: A case study of an exercise initiative on health and 'readiness to learn' in two primary schools.
Hanne Mong Øyvind F. Standal
Estelle Damant Lorraine Cale John Evans
Friday, 2017-08-25, 09:00-10:30, Room: K3.23, Chair: Rachel Sandford
- Lost in Translation? Proposing a Model of Values Literacy for Physical Education
- Teacher And Schoolchildren Affected By Parental Mental Disorders. Teachers Mental Health Promotion Abilities and Possibilities In Everyday Schoollife.
- Developing Digital Wellbeing for Teachers and Pupils: A Design Thinking Approach
Fiona Chambers Rachel Sandford
Dirk Bruland Janine Broeder Orkan Okan Paulo Pinheiro Bauer Ullrich
Fiona Chambers Orla Murphy Anne Jones
- Search for keywords and phrases in "Text Search"
- Restrict in which part of the abstracts to search in "Where to search"
- Search for authors and in the respective field.
- For planning your conference attendance you may want to use the conference app, which will be issued some weeks before the conference
- If you are a session chair, best look up your chairing duties in the conference system (Conftool) or the app.