Network: 05. Children and Youth at Risk and Urban Education
05 SES 01, Student (Dis-)Engagement : Narratives, Attitudes towards Services and Supports, and Educational Programme Choice (1)
Tuesday, 2013-09-10, 13:15-14:45, Room: D-313, Chair: Liz Todd
- Views of the Disengaged: Young People’s Narratives about Leaving Upper Secondary School
- Closing The Gap: School Use Of Dedicated Funding To Raise The Educational Attainment Of Children From Low-Income Families
Liz Todd Alan Dyson Karen Laing Kirstin Kerr
Tuesday, 2013-09-10, 17:15-18:45, Room: D-313, Chair: Ruth Leitch
- "The effectiveness of an anti-bullying intervention program in Greek secondary schools"
- Changing Attitudes to Dating-Violence – A game based intervention in schools
- Psychic Violence of Adolescents against Their Mothers. Five Case Studies on Causes, Consequences and Coping Strategies
Eleni Didaskalou Christina Roussi - Vergou Charalambos Stahteas Kyriaki Keketsidou
Anette Bolin Emma Sorbring Bo Helsing
05 SES 02, Student (Dis-)Engagement : Narratives, Attitudes towards Services and Supports, and Educational Programme Choice (2)
Tuesday, 2013-09-10, 17:15-18:45, Room: D-313, Chair: Dolf van Veen
- Preventing Child Misconduct by Fostering Positive Behavior Support in Primary School; Effectiveness of the “Brief School-wide Behavior Support Program” (BSBS)
- Community Schools: What is the long term impact of project funding?
Mari-Anne Sørlie Asgeir R. Olseth Terje Ogden
Wednesday, 2013-09-11, 09:00-10:30, Room: D-313, Chair: Dolf van Veen
- Disciplinary Expulsion And Education Provision For Children And Young People Educated Outside School
- School Completion and Alternative Education: Lessons from the UK and Australia
Gillean McCluskey Sheila Riddell Elisabet Weedon Mariela Fordyce Gwynedd Lloyd
Martin Mills Glenda McGregor
Wednesday, 2013-09-11, 11:00-12:30, Room: D-313, Chair: Dolf van Veen
- Network Meeting
Dolf van Veen
Wednesday, 2013-09-11, 12:30-14:00, Room: FUAYE, Chair:
- Sexting-Bullying In Social Networks In Adolescents And Youth
- Self-expression llustrated with an Example of Teenage Girls’ Attitude Towards the Body
- Different Aspects Of Cyber- Bullying Among Adolescences
- Risk Factors Associated With Bullying In Social Networks In Adolescents And Youth
- “Face-to-face” bullying and cyberbullying: Influence of the socio-economic-cultural level
- “Face-to-face” Bullying and Cyberbullying: Changes from 12 to 18 years
Carmen Maganto Maite Garaigordobil Montserrat Peris
Seda Göokçe Turan Özgür Erkut Şahin
Carmen Maganto Maite Garaigordobil Juana María Maganto Montserrat Peris
Maite Garaigordobil Carmen Maganto Vanesa Martínez-Valderrey
Maite Garaigordobil Carmen Maganto Jone Aliri
05 SES 06, Papers on Social Mobility via Education, Ethnic Segregation and Life Strategies of Families
Wednesday, 2013-09-11, 15:30-17:00, Room: D-313, Chair: Mark Hadfield
- Education as Cultural Innovation - Cross-Cultural Observations on Social Mobility via Education
- Life Strategies Of Families In Marginalised Urban Neighbourhoods: Dealing With Social And Educational Inequalities
Lalitha Chamakalayil Christine Riegel
Wednesday, 2013-09-11, 17:15-18:45, Room: D-313, Chair: Ruth Leitch
- A Narrative Case Study of Pupils' and Teachers' Safety and Well-being Experiences
- Teachers and School Violence in the Educational Priority Areas: Limits of the Intervention Strategies and Potential of their Action
- Is the Day-care Institution Part of the Overall Educational Programme for All Children in Denmark?
Eija Syrjäläinen Pirjo Jukarainen
Maria Benedita Portugal e Melo
Kirsten Elisa Petersen
Thursday, 2013-09-12, 09:00-10:30, Room: D-313, Chair: Sofia Marques da Silva
- Implementing a Targeted, Nationwide Intervention to Promote Upper Secondary School Completion: Does It Have the Potential to Promote Pupils’ Achievement?
- Reducing Early School Leaving of Young People in Europe – The Integrated RESLEA Model
- Affirmative pedagogies. Living and coexisting in a disadvantaged neighborhood (the case of Semi)
Solveig Holen Berit Lødding
Thomas Spielhofer Thomas Fischer Diogo Simões Pereira Fernando Chau Simon Heid Roberto Carneiro
05 SES 09, Transition to School (Early Childhood), Curriculum Pathway Planning and School to Work Transitions
Thursday, 2013-09-12, 11:00-12:30, Room: D-313, Chair: Mark Hadfield
- How Do Parents, Educators and Teachers View Children at Risk in the Transition to School?
- SUBJECTification:The formation of youth identity through curriculum pathway planning
- Disqualified In School and Beyond? School-To-Work Experiences of Young Adults without Upper Secondary Status
Antje Rothe Ann-Kathrin Arndt Michael Urban Rolf Werning
Gudrun Svedberg Michael Lindblad Lena Lidström Anders Lovén
Thursday, 2013-09-12, 15:30-17:00, Room: D-313, Chair: Ruth Leitch
- How Violence Against Woman Influences Children and their Teachers
- Use of Social Media in Diverse Classrooms to Increase Student Performance
- An Exploration Of The Education Provision For Looked After Children (LAC) Who Have Experienced Early Life Abuse Or Neglect
- Building Educational Resilience In Young People From Low Socio-Economic Areas
Engin Karahan Gillian Roehrig
Liz Todd Carmel Cefai
Friday, 2013-09-13, 09:00-10:30, Room: D-313, Chair: Andreas Hadjar
- School Alienation: Causes and Consequences
- Motivation, Procrastination and Environmentally-oriented Predictors of Alienation from School
- Educational Inequalities and School Alienation: Results from a Swiss Study
- Exploring the Phenomenon of Alienation in the School Setting: Implications for Educational Renovation
- Disaffection and School Absenteeism – A Life Space Analysis and Preventive Strategies
Andreas Hadjar Michaela Katstaller Tina Hascher Susanne Backes Lisa Schulz Gisela Schulze Heinrich Ricking Ann-Sophie Holm
Michaela Katstaller Tina Hascher
Andreas Hadjar Susanne Backes
Gisela Schulze Lisa Schulz
Gisela C. Schulze Heinrich Ricking
Friday, 2013-09-13, 11:00-12:30, Room: D-313, Chair: Roberta Ricucci
- The Effects of Learned Resourcefulness on the Psychiatric Symptoms of Turkish University Students.
- Wordless Fictional Picture Book Stories as a Means of Enhancing Immigrant Primary School Children’s Literacy-Acquisition
- Going Beyond Stereotypes: Immigrant Students Can Successfully Succeed In High School.
Friday, 2013-09-13, 15:30-17:00, Room: D-313, Chair: Neda Forghani-Arani
- Open All-day As A Better Media Education Partner: The Project “KidSmart Goes Open All-Day School"
- Prevention and Early Intervention in Vulnerability Context: Approach Tools Detection.
- Hidden Biases of ‘Good Teachers’; Non-immigrant Teachers’ Implicit Attitudes, Immigrant Students’ Self-Concept and Academic Aspirations
Gudrun Marci-Boehncke Sarah Kristina Strehlow
Cristina Sánchez Pilar Gutiéz Paloma Antón Ares Castellar López Guinea
Neda Forghani-Arani Tamara Katschnig Corinna Geppert
- Search for keywords and phrases in "Text Search"
- Restrict in which part of the abstracts to search in "Where to search"
- Search for authors and in the respective field.
- For planning your conference attendance you may want to use the conference app, which will be issued some weeks before the conference
- If you are a session chair, best look up your chairing duties in the conference system (Conftool) or the app.