Network: 14. Communities, Families and Schooling in Educational Research
Tuesday, 2017-08-22, 13:15-14:45, Room: K3.21, Chair: Rocío García Carrión
- How well School Climate predicts the Parent Involvement?
- “It’s different with the country people”: Irish Traveller Women Managing Home and School Environments
- Child-rearing practices of Russian-speaking women from a migration perspective
- Community Partnerships And Networks As Children Start Primary School In Rural Australia
Hasan Yücel Ertem Gokce Gokalp
Bob Perry Sue Dockett
Tuesday, 2017-08-22, 13:15-14:45, Room: K5.14, Chair: Loizos Symeou
- How Educational Background Is Shaping (Types Of) Higher Education Dropout
- University working class students in Spain: experiences in a more elitist university.
- The Use of Decision Trees to Know the Family Influence in University Drop Out.
Delia Langa Sergio Ariza M. Carmen Martínez
Inmaculada Pedraza-Navarro Teresa González-Ramírez
Tuesday, 2017-08-22, 17:15-18:45, Room: K3.21, Chair: Angelika Paseka
- "How Do Teachers Assess The Use Of Projects-based Methodology For The Identity Development Of Their Students Through The Grandparents-grandchildren Relationships?"
- Home-School Cooperation from the Teacher’s Point of View
- Partnering with Cities to Enrich Teacher Preparation Curriculum
María Clemente González Francisca José Serrano Pastor María José Martínez Segura
Satu Perälä-Littunen Marja Leena Böök
Crystal Chen Lin Goodwin Colleen Horn
Wednesday, 2017-08-23, 09:00-10:30, Room: K3.21, Chair: Silvia Molina Roldán
- Parents Reflecting on Training of Families with Children on the Autism Spectrum: Lessons from ESIPP
- Profiling School Transition Experiences Of Children On The Autism Spectrum
Loizos Symeou Eleni Theodorou David Preece Jasmina Stošić Jasmina Troshanska Katerina Mavrou
Helen Klieve Sue Taylor Dawn Adams Jacqueline Roberts
Wednesday, 2017-08-23, 09:00-10:30, Room: K3.22, Chair: Joana Lúcio
- Educators’ Perceptions about School Community Relations in Turkey
- Multiprofessional Cooperation Or Co-existence? How Teachers And Social Workers Differenciate Professional Duties, Interact and Interconnect In All-day Schools.
- Parental Mentoring as a concept of Parental Involvement in the Context of School Development in Urban Areas
Patricia Schuler Esther Forrer Kasteel
Imogen Feld Julia Gerick
Wednesday, 2017-08-23, 12:00-13:30, Room: W4.corridor (Poster Area), Chair:
- Parents' Employment and Students' Persistence in STEM Fields: A Narrative Synthesis
- Factors influencing elementary schooling in selected European countries in the context of OECD future scenarios
- Empirical Bases for the Design of Measuring Instruments of the Family Involvement´s Quality "Home-Based" in Primary Education
- Well-being of High School Freshmen: Teacher and Peer Support, Academic Resilience and Perception of School Embeddedness
Jay Plasman Darryl Williams Michael Gottfried Ann Owens
Silvie Kucerova Petr Meyer Petr Trahorsch
Maria José Ferraces Otero Agustin Godás Otero Gabriela Míguez Salina
Nataša Simić Milica Vukelić Olga Marković Rosić
Wednesday, 2017-08-23, 13:30-15:00, Room: K3.21, Chair: Linda Mary Hargreaves
- Vulnerable Young Adult´s Life Course Transitions to and within Adult Life. Changing Contexts – Social isolation or Social Integration?
- A life course study of education and family formation among vulnerable young adults in Norway
- From school to work. Long-term employment outcomes for vulnerable young adults
Jon Olav Myklebust
Finn Ove Båtevik
Wednesday, 2017-08-23, 13:30-15:00, Room: K3.22, Chair: Robyn Henderson
- Reducing extracurricular learning efforts in school reform? – An analysis and discussion of the Austrian experience in introducing a new school type in Secondary I
- Home Education: Risk, Choice and Marginalised Communities
- Parental Profiles In Educational Decision-Making: A Mixed-Method Study Into Processes Of Educational Decision-Making.
Michaela Kilian Mariella Knapp
Martin Myers Kalwant Bhopal
Marie Seghers Simon Boone Piet Van Avermaet
Wednesday, 2017-08-23, 15:30-17:00, Room: K3.21, Chair: Cath Gristy
- “They Never Understood My Story”. Young adults with a migration background on school failure and transitions between school and work
- EDUPLACES: The Local And Innovative Dimensions In Socio-Educational Practices To Overcome School Failure And Dropout
- Extending Impact for Inclusion and Social Cohesion in Europe: Successful Educational Actions for All in Diverse Communities
Joana Lúcio Fátima Antunes
Rocío García Carrión Linda Mary Hargreaves
Wednesday, 2017-08-23, 15:30-17:00, Room: K3.22, Chair: Silvie Kucerova
- Why students don’t choose schools closer to home: Reasons for upper secondary school choice in Taiwan
- Ruptures in the Learning Culture? An Analysis of Students’ Perceptions of the Transition from Secondary I to Secondary II
Mariella Knapp Michaela Kilian Tamara Katschnig Corinna Geppert
Wednesday, 2017-08-23, 17:15-18:45, Room: K3.24, Chair: Ros McLellan
- An Interdisciplinary Human Development Approach to Wellbeing: Orientation and Dialogical Self-evaluation within School and Curricular Contexts.
- Cultural wellbeing In Education: Theorisations From A Case Study Of A Tasmanian Cultural Arts Program
- Social and emotional learning schemes as tools of cultural imperialism: A manifestation of the international child well-being agenda?
- The Effects of Parental Supportiveness and Psychological Control on Relational Self and Well-Being: A Cluster Analyzing Model
Maeve O'Brien Andrew O'Shea
Ercan Kocayörük Bekir Çelik
14 SES 07 A, Cultural, Technological and Multicultural Aspects of School, Family Community Partnerships
Wednesday, 2017-08-23, 17:15-18:45, Room: K3.21, Chair: Tim Jay
- Reforming education and the imperative of constant change: Home learning in a digital age for children in disadvantaged communities.
- There’s A Place For Us
Louise Starkey Hiria McRae
Tamsin Cavaliero Kate Brown Costello Caroline
Wednesday, 2017-08-23, 17:15-18:45, Room: K3.22, Chair: Rune Kvalsund
- Exploring Personality Types of Pupils living in Scottish Rural Communities
- Retooling Rural Education in Tasmania: Tensions and Challenges in Systemic Educational Change
- Local Traditions and renewal of Rural Education In Denmark
Laurence Lasselle Graham Kirby
Michael Corbett Chris Gardner John Williamson
John Matthias Gulløv
Thursday, 2017-08-24, 09:00-10:30, Room: K3.21, Chair: Tim Jay
- The Importance of School Safety for the Achievement of Immigrant Students Worldwide
- Examining the Discourses of Experienced Educators in the Migrant Education Program: Care or Audit?
- New in Sweden - Experiences from Preschool Reception and Newly Arrived Families
Tamara Katschnig Dirk Hastedt
Robyn Henderson Judith Gouwens
Helen Avery Birgitta Nordén Anne Harju Annika Åkerblom
Thursday, 2017-08-24, 09:00-10:30, Room: K3.22, Chair: Rocío García Carrión
- The idea is good but it is hard to take all the children. Preschool and schoolteachers providing’s for transitions
- Examining the Links Between Parents’ Relationships with Reading and Shared Reading Activity with their Pre-school Children
- The Development of Children’s Knowledge, Expectations and Feelings about School in the Transition from Kindergarten to Primary School.
Therese Welén Anders Garpelin Tina Hellblom Thibblin Gunilla Sandberg
Henrik Streffer Anna Katharina Hein
Thursday, 2017-08-24, 12:00-13:00, Room: K3.21, Chair:
- Network Meeting
Rocío García Carrión
Thursday, 2017-08-24, 13:30-15:00, Room: K3.22, Chair: Ingrid Smette
- Concerted Cultivation In A Cross-Cultural Perspective Part 1
- Concerted Cultivation And Parents’ Ethical Commitments In Contexts of Social Change
- Cultivating Family Values: Children, Parents, and Parenting Practices in Urban India
- Concerted Cultivation And Natural Growth? Perceptions And Practices Among Russian, Palestinian And Jewish Middle-Class Mothers In Israel
Ingrid Smette Deborah Golden . . Kari Stefansen Sarah Irwin Hilde Danielsen Lauren Erdreich Sveta Roberman
Deborah Golden Lauren Erdreich Sveta Roberman
Thursday, 2017-08-24, 13:30-15:00, Room: K3.21, Chair: Joana Lúcio
- Rethinking Methodology for Researching Children's Out-of-school Learning
- In Dilemma. Urban School Choice and Parenthood between being ’Good Parents’ and ‘Good Citizens’
- Family Motivational Climate. Psychoeducational Program.
Tim Jay Jo Rose
Tanja Mayer Corinna Habeck Judith Schwarz Sabine Gruehn Thomas Koinzer
Mirtha del Prado Morales Maritza Morales Sánchez Jesús Alonso Tapia Cecilia Simón Rueda
Thursday, 2017-08-24, 15:30-17:00, Room: K3.21, Chair: Delma Byrne
- Parental involvement. Commonalities and differences across Europe (A)
- Family-school relationships in Cyprus: reviewing and reflecting on the current agenda, practice, and research
- Roles of parents and forms of parental involvement in Germany
- Parents opinions on home-school cooperation in Iceland
- “Y1 need a three-pronged stick”: Sense and Nonsense in English Primary School Newsletters
Delma Byrne Loizos Symeou Angelika Paseka Amalía Björnsdóttir Joanna Apps Dagmar Killus Kristín Jónsdóttir Eddie Denessen
Angelika Paseka Dagmar Killus
Amalía Björnsdóttir Kristín Jónsdóttir
Thursday, 2017-08-24, 15:30-17:00, Room: K3.22, Chair: Kari Stefansen
- Different Forms of Concerted Cultivation: Comparing Denmark and Singapore
- Concerted Cultivation in a Cross -Cultural Perspective Part 2
- Organized Leisure And Sense of Entitlement in “Raising Decent Citizens”
- Cultivational Parenting Across Social Classes In Norway
- Middle-class Parenting in Plural Norway
Dil Bach Karen Ida Dannesboe Bjørg Kjær
Kari Stefansen Dil Bach Henrike Donner Päivi Berg Hilde Danielsen Deborah Golden Karen Ida Dannesboe Bjørg Kjær Marja Peltola
Päivi Berg Marja Peltola
Kari Stefansen Ingrid Smette
Thursday, 2017-08-24, 17:15-18:45, Room: K3.21, Chair: Angelika Paseka
- Parental involvement. Commonalities and differences across Europe (B)
- The Educational Strategies of Ethnic Minority Parents in the Republic of Ireland
- Parental Involvement in Norway – Ideals and Realities and Social Field Encounters
- Parents’ involvement and participation in Portugal
- Supplementary education in Sweden - new rules for parental engagement?
Delma Byrne Unn-Doris K. Bæck Eva Gonçalves Stina Hallsén Marie Karlsson Angelika Paseka Eva Forsberg Helen Melander Eddie Denessen
Unn-Doris K. Bæck
Stina Hallsén Marie Karlsson Eva Forsberg Helen Melander
Thursday, 2017-08-24, 17:15-18:45, Room: K3.22, Chair: Silvie Kucerova
- Pupil Transfers in Horizontally Stratified School System
- A Longitudinal Analsysis of the Relationship between Education, Belonging and Transitions in Youth Lives
- Parents’ Ideal Type Approaches to Children’s Preschool Pathways
Dominik Dvorak Jan Vyhnálek
Johanna Lundqvist Annika Axelsson Margareta Sandström
Friday, 2017-08-25, 13:30-15:00, Room: K3.21, Chair: Rocío García Carrión
- Do Czech afterschool programs contribute to mitigation of the social inequalities?
- Preventing school disaffection and school failure through mentoring, parental involvement and community support. Initial results of the Enxaneta project (Osona, Catalonia).
Jordi Collet Marta Crespo Verónica Jiménez Joan-Carles Martori Mercè Mauri Antoni Tort
Friday, 2017-08-25, 15:30-17:00, Room: K6.04, Chair: Javier Diez-Palomar
- Predicting gender-STEM stereotyped beliefs among Croatian boys and girls from prior achievement and interest in STEM school subjects
- The Structure of Self-Competence Beliefs of Croatian Primary School Students in STEM area
- How Important Is It to Me and How Much to My Parents? Perceived Value of Academic Achievement in STEM Field
Leila Selimbegovic Mirta Blazev Mia Karabegovic Mara Simunovic Josip Burusic
Josip Burusic Leila Selimbegovic Mara Šimunović Ina Reić Ercegovac Ivan Devic
Mara Simunovic Josip Burusic Ina Reic Ercegovac Marija Sakic Velic Mirta Blazev
- Search for keywords and phrases in "Text Search"
- Restrict in which part of the abstracts to search in "Where to search"
- Search for authors and in the respective field.
- For planning your conference attendance you may want to use the conference app, which will be issued some weeks before the conference
- If you are a session chair, best look up your chairing duties in the conference system (Conftool) or the app.